Peter Mackel, Director of Global Business Development at Sensata Technologies Holland B.V. gave us the opportunity to speak to him about opportunities and challenges within the intelligent tire technology industry.
Read the full interview and get an insight into the following:
- Sensata: Company core competences
- Insight into major current opportunities and challenges in the industry
- Projects Sensata is working on, including major achievements
- Technologies in use for direct TPMS applications, sensor solutions and system arrangements
- Future of intelligent tire technology and tire electronics
- Latest market trends for use of Direct Typre Pressure Monitoring Systems
- The view on data, which is generated by vehicle's sensors -"the currency" of the upcoming years?
The tire industry is increasingly integrating technology into tires in order to make them “smarter”. This technology helps prolonging tire wear, increasing road safety, strengthening road performance and driving comfort, raising fuel efficiency and diminishing Co2 emission.
The technology can at the same time be seen as forerunner for self-driving vehicles, which need to be able to detect road conditions so to be able to adapt driving style accordingly.
Expand your knowledge within this area, with this exclusive free interview conducted by Automotive IQ with Michael Schmidtbauer, Head of TIS Acquisitions and Innovations at Continental Automotive GmbH.
Download the full interview for free here