Additional Content Download
Marc Gonnet, Director at Michelin gave a presentation on last years Intelligent Tire Technology conference about the relationship between identification of passenger car tire and consumer centric benefits.
Read the full presentation and get a deeper understanding of :
- Benefit domains for connected tire
- Connected tire identification - Michelin vision
- Tire wear and beyond
Improving the system knowledge of the tire cavity noise by sound measurements in the tire cavity is the overall subject of this presentation from Oliver Krauss, Development Engineer at Daimler AG.
Read the full presentation and get an insight into the following topics:
- What is the tire cavity noise?
- History of tire cavity
- Theoretical background
- Measuring systems including requirements and specifications
- Measurement results
In the current climate of concern about personal and corporate privacy, every technological advance that sends information automatically is scrutinized for its security, but is also questioned for the possibility of revealing private information. Still, can a tire monitor really tell tales about you and your activities? This question involves the entire system in new automobiles and larger trucks. For some years now, advocates for privacy have argued that systems in place that can track speed and location can be used to unduly penalize drivers, among other concerns.
We will look at the legal and ethical considerations behind the latest regulations, particularly in Europe. We will also compare the unique situation of motor vehicle driving and ownership considering these rules.
Read the article and get an insight into the following aspects:
- Data and the individual
- Reporting cars and legality
- EU mandates and security
- The ultimate in communication on wheels, from your wheels
Thomas Scheid, Project Manager at Continental Engineering Services gave a presentation on least years Intelligent Tire Technology conference about intelligent tire technology in the context of big data.
Have a look at the presentation and gain a deeper understanding of:
- Generation of relevant information in the vehicle including road friction estimation, road type classification and traffic sign recognition
- Data transfer
- Data mining
The presentation also includes an introduction and outlook.
Peter Mackel, Director of Global Business Development at Sensata Technologies Holland B.V. gave us the opportunity to speak to him about opportunities and challenges within the intelligent tire technology industry.
Read the full interview and get an insight into the following:
- Sensata: Company core competences
- Insight into major current opportunities and challenges in the industry
- Projects Sensata is working on, including major achievements
- Technologies in use for direct TPMS applications, sensor solutions and system arrangements
- Future of intelligent tire technology and tire electronics
- Latest market trends for use of Direct Typre Pressure Monitoring Systems
- The view on data, which is generated by vehicle's sensors -"the currency" of the upcoming years?
Monitoring tire performance and acting on data is now in the realm of intelligent warning and action software devices. Like all safety-specific transportation components, tires and their new technology are regulated and reviewed intensely.
Expand your knowledge within this area, with this exclusive free report written by Automotive IQ on the topic of: ""he pressure is on tire makers for safety and accuracy in reporting".
Download the full report for free here
Read this exclusive free presentation by Dr.
Christian Lerner, Vice President, Commercial Tire Technology at Continental
Reifen Deutschland GmbH in Germany on the topic of: "Intelligent
The tire industry is increasingly integrating technology into tires in order to make them “smarter”. This technology helps prolonging tire wear, increasing road safety, strengthening road performance and driving comfort, raising fuel efficiency and diminishing Co2 emission.
The technology can at the same time be seen as forerunner for self-driving vehicles, which need to be able to detect road conditions so to be able to adapt driving style accordingly.
Expand your knowledge within this area, with this exclusive free interview conducted by Automotive IQ with Michael Schmidtbauer, Head of TIS Acquisitions and Innovations at Continental Automotive GmbH.
Download the full interview for free here